Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My First Wikipedia Contribution!

I've been wanting to contribute to the Wikipedia for a long time now. Just so I could say I did, ya know? Well, today I finally did! Just in the discussion, not in an actual article. Here it is.

***5/14/07 update***
Someone modified the sentence in response to my question. Here's the article. The 3rd paragraph in "history" used to read "In 1960, the metre itself was redefined in spectroscopical terms, making the angstrom obsolete". I questioned the use of the word "obsolete", knowing that the angstrom is still in widespread use (I use it every day at work). So someone changed it to "In 1960, the metre itself was redefined in spectroscopical terms, making the ångström obsolete in terms of the metric datum but still viable as a small unit of length.". I think it is clumsy to use a misleading word, and then clarify the misunderstanding. So I eliminated the word thusly: "In 1960, the metre itself was redefined in spectroscopical terms, thus aligning the ångström as a submultiple of the metre."

And so... I am now officially an editor of wikipedia! Cool! (Until someone changes it again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home